Model 5320-0011 Self-Priming Pump
|Impeller:||Jabsco Neoprene Compound with Brass Extended Insert|
|Shaft Seal:||Lip Type|
|Bearings:||Sealed Fan Shaft Bearing|
|Ports:||3/8" NPT Vertical|
|Weight:||3 lb (approx.)|
|1||Screw, End Cover||91002-0020||6|
|3||*Gasket, End Cover||2995-0000||1|
|4||*Impeller with Brass Insert||5616-0001||1|
|5||Cam and Wearplate Assembly||7895-0001||1|
|11||Bearing Seal, Inner||93000-0070||1|
|12||Shaft and Bearing Assembly||6020-0000||1|
|13||Retaining Ring, Bearing to Body||91701-0040||1|
|14||Bearing Seal, Outer||92700-0310||1|
|Not Shown||Key, Pump Drive||9215-0010||1|
*Parts Contained in Service Kit
1. Remove end cover screws, end cover and gasket.
2. Grasp impeller hub with pliers and withdraw impeller from pump. Inspect extended insert of impeller. If deeply grooved by seal, the impeller and seal should be replaced.
3. Wipe shaft clean. Apply a light film of water pump grease to shaft and outer surfaces of impeller extended insert. Direct impeller insert onto shaft with a turning motion in the intended direction of rotation, until ding in insert contacts shaft flat. Push impeller into bore until flush with gasket face.
4. Immerse gasket in water for a moment before installation. Install gasket, end cover and screws.
5. Remove end cover, gasket and impeller.
6. Loosen cam screw several turns. Tap screw firmly to break bond between cam and body. Remove and clean both cam and screw.
7. Use hooked wire to remove wearplate from impeller bore. Inspect wearplate. Replace if worn.
8. Use hooked wire to dislodge shaft seal from body. (If seal will not dislodge by pulling on it at several places, it may be necessary to press out shaft and seal.) Remove O-ring from groove in seal bore. Wipe seal bore clean.
9. Insert O-ring in groove of seal bore.
10. Apply a liberal amount of water pump grease to lip of seal. Dip seal in water then push into seal bore with lip facing impeller bore.
11. Position wearplate in back of impeller bore, with nipple towards impeller bore.
12. Coat top surface of cam and cam screw threads with sealant. Position cam in body with nipple of wearplate and slot of cam aligned. Install and tighten cam screw.
13. Install impeller, gasket and end cover as in Steps 3 and 4.
BEARING AND SHAFT ASSEMBLY REPLACEMENT
14. Remove end cover, gasket, impeller, cam, wearplate and seal as in Steps 1, 2, 6, 7 and 8.
15. Use hooked wire to remove slinger from impeller end of shaft.
16. Carefully insert screwdriver between outside diameter of outer bearing seal and pump bearing bore, then pry seal from bore.
17. Remove bearing-to-body retaining
18. From impeller end of pump, press shaft out of pump.
19. Remove inner bearing seal by pressing away from impeller bore. Clean residue from bearing bore.
20. Apply liberal amount of grease to lip of inner bearing seal. Dip seal in water and press it into bearing bore with lips facing impeller bore.
21. Lubricate shaft next to bearing with water pump grease. Press shaft and bearing assembly into bearing bore. DO NOT PRESS AGAINST SHAFT. Press against outer race of bearing. Press assembly into bore from bearing bore end of body,
22. Install retaining ring in groove next to bearing. Flat side of ring should be next to bearing race.
23. Lubricate shaft exposed in bearing bore with grease. Lubricate lip of outer bearing seal. Press seal into bearing bore with lip facing away from bearing.
24. Slide slinger onto shaft through impeller and seal bores. Position slinger in drain slot area.
25. Install seal, wearplate, cam, impeller, gasket and end cover as in Steps 9, 10, 11, 12, 3 and 4.